HEY BUSINESS OWNER:
OVERWORKED | OVERWHELMED | OVERTIRED
HAS YOUR BIG DREAM OF OWNING A SMALL BUSINESS BECOME A NIGHTMARE?
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
Most small business owners unwittingly get trapped in a
confusing web and have no idea how to move forward.
- You have no idea who you are or what it really takes to make you happy
- You choose partners who are wrong for you
- You are caught up in the day-to-day business whirlwind with no strategy, plan or established goals
- You either don't create a vision for where you want your business to go or have forgotten what it was because you are so stressed
- You wear too many hats, most of which don’t fit
- You confuse your skillset (designer, carpenter, retailer etc.) with the skillset of business ownership
- You take on tasks you are not suited for (e.g., the right-brained fitness instructor doing the gym’s bookkeeping)
- You think your way is the only way
- You try to manage people instead of creating office systems and procedures that set people up to lead, excel and win
- You are exhausted because you have created a business that cannot function without you so therefore it
- You put out fires all damn day with no water, hose or extinguisher; instead, you use your blood, sweat and tears
- Worst of all, THIS NIGHTMARE IS A TRAP OF YOUR OWN MAKING
WHAT IF The business you have isn't even the one you want!
85% of small businesses fail by year five and have cost this country $5 billion and counting. Much of this is because people with otherwise good solid products and services either don't like like what they're doing or don't know what they're doing.
There is a secret to running a great business, and the best know what it is.
A great business is more than a killer idea, an office, a website, a partner you met in college and blessings (and perhaps some cash) from your grandma.
Business is first and foremost a collection of human relationships.
AND THAT'S THE SECRET:
It’s people first, then business
Because BUSINESS IS PERSONAL
Understand this and you will change not just yourself but the way you do business forever.
THE SECRET AT WORK
A COMPANY IS GREAT BECAUSE OF ITS PEOPLE, STARTING WITH YOU.
All things considered, the success or failure of your business will ultimately come down to one thing:
You are the first and most important brick in building your company's Human Foundation. This will be the most critical foundation you will ever build, in business and in life. Getting to know yourself and becoming the leader you are meant to be is Job #1.
Nothing you do in business will ever be more important than this first step.
- Because your company needs you to be great.
You will run your business to the best of your ability when you discover, understand, embrace and work within your passions and abilities and let others do their jobs.
- Because you will become 100% accountable.
Yes. 100%. For every person, decision, situation, event and thought you allow in your life. Accountability is the bedrock of excellence in business and in life. There is ZERO power in blame. Being accountable will be the best and most important business decision you ever make.
- Because you will empower your people to be great.
Set people up to win and you all win. You get your life and joy back, and improved revenues won't hurt either. And you will start being creative and having fun again. Be honest: Isn't that why you went into business in the first place?
- Because well-conceived products, services and innovation can only happen through clear thinking and teamwork.
Nothing great ever happens alone. And working on things you hate or are simply not good at does not put you in your sweet spot 90% of the time, which should be your goal. The same goes for your team. Put people in the right jobs and let them soar.
- Because you will create an operations team that enables you to breathe again
You will be clear and focused with an operational strategy that works. Hell, you might even start having fun again and maybe take a day off now and then.
If you are just starting a business, great! Let’s pave that road.
lf you are currently buried in Partnersh*t, let’s shovel out or get out in the best way possible.
If your business is in a growth phase, a dangerous time that can challenge even the best partnerships, let’s navigate.
We know that Building a Human Foundation is the single best deterrent there is against Partnersh*t and other business sh*t. Through a series of in-depth, strategic questions, tools and strategies designed for soul searching and tactical planning, our program walks you through potential partnership and business mine fields, helping you to:
- Create self-awareness and accountability
- Learn to communicate in healthy, forward-moving ways
- Learn the art of collaboration
- Declare exactly what you do and don’t want
- ldentify areas of conflict and compatibility
- Learn how to compromise effectively
- Learn the power of gratitude and contribution
- Learn how to develop and execute the Big ldea for your business
- Build a powerful business strategy
- Build a powerful financial strategy
- Build a powerful brand strategy
- Build a powerful marketing strategy
- Build a powerful operations strategy
- Create the company that you want that makes you feel happy, successful and gratified
- Create a strong, healthy Partnership Plan that includes a solid exit strategy
- Or help you decide that the partnership or business is not going to work, enabling you to walk away emotionally, physically and financially intact.
So before you commit to a business or a partner, commit to yourself. Do the work.
I'd love to work with you. I guarantee you my full-on personal attention, strategic listening, straight shooting, humor, some swearing, lots of Kleenex, a business reframe and re-education, total confidentiality, a strategic plan, business and brand plan should you need them, and a happier, healthier, more successful you.
What People Say About Patty
THANK YOU! It’s really hard to describe what you do but this is AMAZING! Thank you for what you did for the Media Disrupters team and for me personally. This experience was so important and it was unforgettable!
Nick Golovin Founder, Media Disrupters
What I love about Patty is that she’s not all left-brained business. She has heart, she’s spiritual and she understands relationships and the energy between people in business.
Birdee Golden Dept. of Pathology, UCSD Medical Center